14 September 2026

A hot and mainly sunny loop taking in three of County Durham's old railway lines on my S-Works Creo2


After a bad nights sleep I slept in this morning so I was late in getting out on the bike. The sun was shining and the forecast was looking good so I decided to drag the S-Works Creo 2 out for a spin. A quick pump up of the tyres and top up the charge on the battery it was ready to rock n roll. I hoped onto the old railway line at Langley Park and headed for Broompark picnic area. The sign was still up at Bearpark saying the bridge was closed but thought to myself it cannot be. Once I reached the crossroads the fencing was down and there was fresh tarmac, it was open. I headed straight on and up the climb to Stanley Crook and then the fast descent down to Crook. From there it was the road climb and descent down to the Coop at Willington. At this point I turned left and headed back to Broompark. There is a new sign up before the descent down to the new bridge asking cyclists and horse riders to dismount, some how I cannot see many cyclists taking any note of the sign! Once back to Langley Park I headed straight onto Lanchester where I turned and headed back. It was mainly sunny for the whole ride and was really warm near the end. The lines are bone dry and dusty again. All in just under 31 miles in 2hrs 19mins with 1200ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 























No comments:

Post a Comment