10 September 2026

A fresh and windy ride up the Waskerley Way to Park Head and the Reservoir.

 


I decided to have a week off the bike as the pain etc in my side was getting worse after my second operation. I have done some walking but that's been about it. There was a lovely red sunrise which lasted less than a minute then it clouded over. I decided to jump onto the C2C / Waskerley Way at Delves Lane, Consett and head for Parkhead. I have not been up that way for a long time. It was lovely and dry, and very quiet at 7am. I only seen Big AL coming back down and not another sole all the way up. As per normal I had a head wind nearly all the way up so was looking forward to the return leg. I did a small loop after passing the café and dropped down to Waskerley Reservoir for a look around. There is not much water left but not sure if they have let it drain down as there is a lot of works going on. I did have a tailwind for most of the return leg and there was a few others out n about by then. Once back to the crossroads I turned left and headed down the Derwent Walk for a loop before ending back at Delves Lane. All in 26 miles in 2hrs 1min with 1250ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment