28 September 2024

Cold but sunny spin through to Bishop Auckland n back

 


What a week of rain and flooding but today there was nearly a frost with the Garmin hovering around 2 degrees at 8am. The sun was out and there was very little wind so it was time for a ride. I headed along the old railway line from Langley Park to Broom Park picnic area. From there I turned left and headed to Bishop Auckland. I was expecting the railways lines to have massive puddles and some flooding but they were near perfect! There was loads of other users out and about enjoying the sun and dry spell of weather. I treated myself to a sausage buttie when I reached Bishop. There was also a vintage car show setting up in the market place. The return leg was the same but in the opposite direction and a small loop at on the end at Langley Park. I took the Creo 1 gravel bike and its still going strong. All in just under 29 miles with 900ft of climbing in 2hrs 13 mins. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

Oh I also did a 5k trail trot last Sunday up at Derwent water reservoir in 34.45mins with 105ft of climbing. I found my leg muscles again! could not walk properly and struggled getting down the stairs for three days. 








No comments:

Post a Comment