18 October 2018

Loop around Stanhope, Crawleyside, Parkhead & Rookhope Common

I defo picked the best day for a ride today so far this week. Overnight frost and the sun was blazing away from sunrise. It was real nippy especially when I was going into a headwind or descending at speed on the steep descents. I forgot to pack my winter boots so my feet were freezing in my Sidi's! From the time I left to the time I got back I never seen another sole out on a bike, walking, running etc. It took 1 hr 15min to cover the 14 mile loop with 1600ft of climbing, I would have been really struggling on the steep climbs without the E bike. It has been a long time since I have ridden the section from Parkhead café over the moor to Rookhope (C2C offroad section) in reverse. The track in getting narrower and deeper. Hard going trying to concentrate not clipping your pedals on the side walls of earth. More than half way over is now a stone track all the way down to the road / shop on the corner at Rookhope. Below are some sunny and shady/frosty snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -







































No comments:

Post a Comment