31 July 2018

Sunny, cloudy, windy and damp under tyre ride to Bishop n back

What a weekend we have had up here in Co Durham. It was forecasted to rain all day both days. We had two big storms on the Saturday and near continuous rain on the Sunday. I did not do a great lot on the Saturday which is most un like me. On the Sunday me, Jane & Arran hit the toon for some shopping and a cracking full English breakfast in the café on the top floor of Fenwicks.
No time to get out on the bike yesterday but I managed a steady spin out today along the old railway line to Bishop and back. I had to call in past Darlo Building Society for Angus. I took the Mason and no probs. I had to take it steady on the corners as they were slippery from the thunder storm last night. Bishop was all quiet and so were the lines apart from kids. Below are a few snaps from the ride.











 
Below, this bloke passed me on the way back and he was flying - full sus e bike and the bloke had calves like the hulk. He was mashing up the clicks in big ring on the front and 11t on the rear. He only changed out of that gear twice in 5 miles and that was on full pressure, how the chain did not snap I never know. He nearly went into the ditch twice going through the gate sections and was pulling front end skids! mental!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment