15 July 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Reynolds Hidden Nipples

Quite a few weeks ago when Arran started riding the Cannondale Super X Hi Mod I noticed the front wheel had a buckle in it when I was washing it. On closer inspection a spoke had come loose causing it to go out of true. Once I stripped off the tyre, inner tube and rim tape I discovered the nipple had worked so loose it had come off the spoke. I did not have any spares of this type so ordered some Westbrook Cycles. A few days later they landed and I popped the wheel into the true jig. Drop of oil in the nipple and using the special Reynolds spoke tool I had the spoke under tension again and trued the wheel. Back out of the jig, rim tape back on, tyre back on, inner tube back in and blew it back up. Put the wheel back in to the forks and its rocking and rolling again.
RRP £2 for a pack of 2 so a £1 each!!

Manufacturers blurb -
Reynolds Hidden Allow Nipples
14 gauge / 2mm
10mm long
5mm hex wrench
0.5 grams each
R-S-SPK-20911





 
I did order two bags of two nipples but only one bag came so Mark sent me some Sapim internal brass nipples to try. If I have to replace an another nipple I will try these ones.
 



 


6 comments:

  1. Hi, do you install washers for the Reynold hex hidden nipples too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i buy these Reynolds internal nipples

    ReplyDelete
  3. good question, very hard to find. I ended up ordering them through Westbrook Cycles, they can post them out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can i buy this nipple for my reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upgrade Bikes Distributors have 42 bags in stock @ £1.50 each

    https://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Reynolds/Reynolds-Range-old/Accessories/Reynolds-Hidden-Nipples

    ReplyDelete