3 June 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Salomon Speedtrak Trail Trainers


I have been after a replacement pair of trail trainers for a while now as my old New Balance ones are worn out. I  have tried several different models of newer New Balance trainers on but they just don't fit my feet properly. When we were last over in the Lakes we were having a look around George Fisher and they were selling off last season model colours so tired on a pair of these. I normally take an 8 or 8.5 but they were far too small so ended up with 9.5. Its the first time I have bought Salomon trainers so was not sure on sizing. Jane had a pair for many years and lasted very well until the wire lace snapped on one.
The soles are well chunky and are designed for pure off road running.  The knobs squirm about when on tarmac or hard packed small gravel tracks. They have plenty grip on grass / muddy trails and soles clear well. I have only used them off road on a few runs so far but are very comfortable and quick / easy to pull on and take off. The lace system has not come loose yet and stays in place. They are good value for money at £60 but the £100 full rrp is too steep in my eyes. Only time will tell if they last as long as my New Balance ones. I will feed back more after some more trail running or should I say jogging at my pace!
RRP £100 and I paid £60 from George Fisher, Keswick.

Manufacturers Blurb -
Need-to-Know
Reference: 394700
Mud makes running shoes into sloppy, heavy blobs, making it really hard to run. The SPEEDTRAK uses a hyper aggressive grip and low profile, lightweight design to shed as much mud as possible, so you can run right past the competition.
RUNNING USAGE
Training and racing
WEATHER CONDITIONS TRAIL
Mud
TERRAIN TRAIL
Wet and dirty
  • Wet Traction Contagrip®  
  • Moulded EVA
  • EVA shaped footbed 
  • Anti-debris mesh 
  • Protective synthetic toe cap 
  • Sensifit™
  • Quicklace™ 
  • Lace pocket
  • Tongue cover 

  •  
    WEIGHT:
    280g
    Midsole Height :
    23mm/17mm (6mm drop)
     
    Technical information
    outsole
    • Wet Traction Contagrip®
    midsole
    • Molded EVA
    • injected EVA
    sockliner
    • EVA shaped footbed
    protection
    • Protective synthetic toe cap



     
     




     
    and my old New Balance Trail shoes which are worn out to say the  least, but very comfortable.






     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment