17 June 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool VC-1 Valve Core Tool

When I first setting up tyres / wheels tube less I did not have a core remover and thought I would get away with using a pair of pliers. After a few set ups it became apparent that using pliers is a fiddly pain in the arse. There are a few manufactures who make different variants of core removers and the Park Tool one stood out to me. You can use it on both valve types and 5mm flat extensions. It is simple and easy to use compared to using pliers and causes no damage the valves or cores. It is not cheap and has a high rrp compared to others but shop around and you can get them discounted. I now have it in my tray ready for top ups or more tubeless set ups to come in the future.
RRP £12.49 and I paid £9.87

Manufacturers Blurb - A small, handy tool designed to remove and install Schrader and Presta valve cores and to remove and install Presta valve extenders with 5mm wrench flats.



 












 


No comments:

Post a Comment