28 January 2018

Fresh Goods Sunday - 3T 0-Offset Team Difflock Seatpost

I was not after another seat post as such but looking through my spares tub I mainly had 31.6mm and only one 27.2mm spare. This came up for sale on Westbrook Cycles website so decided to buy it. It has been in my tube for a few months now so I decided it was too good not to be used. The FSA seat post in my Salsa carbon Beargrease is very old now and is 27.2mm so decided to swap them over. This is the first 3T seat post I have owned and quality / finish looks good. I have also never used / set up a Difflock clamp. I watched a video on the net showing how to adjust and after some head scratching and 30+ mins later the saddle is nearly the right angle. What a faff on and I will never buy another 3T post with this type of clamp again. I have only give the bike a spin up and down the street to make sure it felt the right height / distance from bars but time will tell if it lasts as long as the FSA or the numerous Thomsons that have never let me down over the last 25+ years. As you can see below the weight was very similar and the rrp is just crazy tbh. What I paid was about right for the post in my eyes.

RRP £150 and I paid £50.14

Manufacturers Blurb - With 3T's precise DiffLock system and the carbon shaft's natural damping abilities, the Team Seatpost with 0 Offset helps reduce saddle discomfort and smooth trail chatter to a consistency as buttery soft as the gravy in your family's classic casserole recipe. This gravy train doesn't come with a weight penalty, though. Compared to the aluminum Pro model, the Team seatpost drops a claimed 30g for that final weight loss advantage when all other avenues have been exhausted.
The DiffLock adjustment system incorporated in the Team's alloy head features interlocking splines that let you precisely dial your saddle angle in half-degree increments for a position on par with the most comfortable of comfort foods. It also requires minimal torque force, so your saddle is easy to adjust with a classic multi-tool. Since sliding it fore and aft won't alter the saddle angle, you can utilize the DiffLock's full range without worrying that adjustments will affect your preferred setup.








 






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment