2 July 2017

Sunday morning ride upto Consett, down to the Tyne, along the Tyne & home

Up and out just after 6am and its was lovely and sunny but windy. I headed over to Baxsters Farm to join onto the old railway and went straight up to Consett. It was a head wind nearly all the way up but enjoyable with the sun still shinning. A quick stop at the truck for photos and a drink then headed into Consett and followed the cycle lane to join onto the old line all the way down to the Tyne / past the Metro Centre. It had clouded over and was real nippy descending down from Consett. Its tarmac all the way along National route 14 to Gateshead. It was still quite so easy going apart from the broken glass bottles in places. Its a lovely view riding down towards all the bridges and I stopped at the Baltic for some more photos, another drink and then I was on my way again. I joined back onto the A167 through Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester Le Street, Chester Moor, Pity Me and turned off at Sniperley roundabout and headed for my mums, a quick hello then back home. Just and I had no back pain etc. The bike was spot on but my cleats were dry and squeaking now and again.
Yesterday we had a trip up to the Toon for some shopping as Janes birthday is coming up soon, yes don't worry love I have not forgot!
Below are some photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon.












































No comments:

Post a Comment