17 July 2017

Red hot / sunny Monday ride

Another cracking day here in Co Durham. The sun has been blazing away all day and its red hot. I had planned a route of around 40+ miles but 8 miles in and the saddle went out with a good old crack and slide / back on the USE rails. I adjusted it again but could not tighten the bolts up enough. Another mile or so further on it moved again so re planned the route and ended up doing 20 miles instead. It was a spin along the old railway line to Broom Park junction then turned and headed up to Waterhouses and climbed up to the top. I then did a road loop around Stanley Crook before dropping back on the line down to Crook to pick up the road to Willington. At the Coop I joined back on the line to head back. The Garmin topped out at 27 degrees!
I will swap the old USE Carbon Alien seat post for a stronger one - I have a couple of new ones to choose from USE Ti Sumo and a 3T carbon one. I might also swap the saddle from the Slate at the same time.





















No comments:

Post a Comment