27 May 2017

1/2 Over the Top Offroad / Gravel ride with the Mason Bokeh

Forecast was looking good up to 1pm before the storms were due so I was out on the Mason just after 6.15am. It was lovely and sunny but not too warm to start with. Todays route is called the "1/2 over the top" a name from the old Durham Cycle Sport club ride days! I have not done it since 2015 so was a well over due route to complete. It is mainly off road / old railway lines, woods, tracks, cycle paths and the longest road section is a stretch out of Tow Law on the A68 before turning off over the moor. The route was bone dry and easy going but the some of the tracks through the woods . moors were baked dry solid ruts from when it was real muddy. When I left it was 13 degrees, when I got back in it was 24 degrees.
I took it steady and averaged 12mph over the 40 miles and ave hr of 145 which is low for me! with 2000ft of climbing.
The Mason went well but the headset feels like it is loose again, need to investigate this further when I get a mo. Below are quite a few pics from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -



























































Time for a shower & shave!

No comments:

Post a Comment