8 April 2017

Early Saturday frosty / sunny morning ride on the Salsa Beargrease

The forecast today (Saturday) was looking fantastic. Angus was up and out the house and away to work just after 7am so I got up and took the Salsa Beargrease carbon out for a local spin down to Durham, around the riverside, Houghall, Maiden Castle, Trod and back via Franland. There was a good overnight frost so I was dressed in full winter gear as the Garmin was reading minus -0.2 degrees. The sun was blazing away for the whole ride and there was no wind for a change either. I could have kept going for at least another 20+ miles but had to be back as Jane & Arran wanted to go to the Craft & food fair at Ushaw College. Durham was very busy with walkers, runners, rowers and cyclists even at 7.30 in the morning. The bike was riding well and was a good hoot blasting along on the single track sections over tree roots etc. Its been a while since I have rode it up the trod and was a steady away plod. Back home and I covered 16 miles.
After the fair it was bike washing and servicing time. I also wash and cleaned out the van and car as the weather was that good. Below are a few photos from the ride, enjoy and  hopefully more soon -
























 
The only bike parcel this week was three new inner tubes for the Slate, I went for the SV21A version this time, approx. 50g lighter than the SV2. Fitted them front & rear and put the third into my seat pack as the spare.  -
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment