30 March 2017

Hot & cloudy / sunny gravel ride on the Cannondale Slate Apex + catch up

On Monday I did a 5k run along the old railway line, its was cloudy, cool and windy but some how my Garmin Forerunner said pb at the end 27.57mins and fastest mile. Not sure how that happened as I did not intend to go fast! or should I say slightly faster. If I can ever get some weight off I should hopefully be down to around the 25min mark again.
Tuesday was warmer but still cloudy and windy but with some sun so had a local off road walk out with Jane for just over 5 miles in 1hr 30mins.
Wednesday was a day off from exercise so I was back on it today. I took my last 1/2 day holiday so managed a bike ride to Bishop and back on the Cannondale Slate Apex. Again it was cloudy and a headwind on the way out but the temperature was varying from around 13 degrees up to 18 degrees on the way back with the tail wind, it was warm to say the least. The lines were quiet with just a few other users out and about. Got a right mouthful from a scruffy looking local at Brandon with his dog telling me to slow down as I rang the bell three times and passed him and his dog with a 3ft gap doing less than 5mph - charming! I could not even be bothered to answer to the arse. Also managed a walk for nearly 2 hours as well.
Below are a few snaps from the ride and hopefully more soon -







and in todays post

along with this

and this




Called in past Inspiral Cycles at Bishop when I was out and about at Bishop the other day, he has a great selection of all cycling disciplines and has two staff now. The shop is rammed packed full of gear. I could not help myself and the wallet came out ! cheers Gavin


No comments:

Post a Comment