1 March 2017

Early Wednesday Morning offroad ride - Hamsterley / Moors / Elephant Trees

Well another overnight frost but not as hard this morning. Again up and out early and was parked up at the duck pond at Bedburn just before 7am. I was on the bike and away just after 7am with the daylight just coming through. By the time I rode in to Hamsterley Forest the sun was blazing away. It was a steady fire road climb to the top of the forest then onto the moors and over to Doctors Gate before heading for the elephant trees. The Garmin hit minus -2.7 degrees on the tops and had a good head wind all the way along the Weardale Way to the gate where the track drops down to Hill End. I had a very quick drink and headed back as it was Baltic. Stopped at the trees for some snaps then enjoyed the down hill with the wind on my back. I then climbed back on to the moor to drop down a different way in to the forest but by now my legs were getting tired so did not do any trail sections. I took the fire road all the way back out on to the road and back to the duck pond. The free car parking is getting more popular! there was only one space left before 10am!
The Dale Beast of the N East was going well with no prob's what so ever. The Panaracer Fat B Nimble did very well but most the ground / sandy trails were frozen'ish and I did not venture off the fire roads too much due to the knee deep clarts.
Below are loads of pics, enjoy and hopefully more soon.



























































Time to wash the bike kit, wash / dry & lube the bike. Now then which bike will I get ready for tomorrows ride - Cannondale Super X, Cannondale Black Inc, Bowman Pilgrims, Litespeed or Salsa Krampgrease - too many choices lol

No comments:

Post a Comment