10 December 2016

Dark, cold early morning Saturday ride on the Cannondale Slate Apex

I was up and out early this morning but I was feeling rough. I was champion for 2-3 days after I stopped taking all my pills, now I have yet another man flue! After a busy week and no miles I strapped on the Lupine Betty and I headed off into the darkness. The forecast said it was 7 degrees but when I reached Waterhouses it was just above freezing. The tracks are just starting to dry out after the flooding on Thursday morning here in Co Durham.
As of the Cannondale Slate it has been away on its holiday this week around to Richys for a few rides. He wanted to give a rigid slate a go and has covered a few miles on it on all types of terrain and has come to the same conclusion I have, with a 2" tyre up front you don't need the Lefty suspension. He also agreed that is fast rolling on the down hills and rocky sections but he did find it slower on the up hills compared to his cx bikes.
Back to todays ride and the Lupine and bike was going well, shame I was not. I was really struggling on any type of hill and my legs felt empty. Once I reached Willington there was some daylight so knocked the front light down to minimum for the last leg home. All in I covered 26 miles so was happy with that. Below are a few dark and not so dark pics, enjoy and hopefully more soon.





















Now time to wash the bike, charge the lights back up. Then onto washing the fleet of vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment