13 November 2016

Sunday Morning local road ride & weekly cartch up.

I was up and wake early this morning ready for a local road ride. I did not want to go off road due the horrible wet / snowy week we have had in County Durham. Angus said he would be ready and out for 8am, no sign of him at 8.30am so jumped on my Bowman Pilgrims and headed out. There was still a ground frost and ice in places with the temperature just above 2 degrees on the Garmin. I was wrapped up well so I was not feeling the cold but had to be careful on the unsalted back lanes etc. I passed my mum coming out of the crem so I called in past as well to pay my respect to my dad.
From there I headed back down into Durham and out to Shincliffe, Bowburn, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Quarrington Hill, Cassop, Shadforth, Ludworth, Haswell Plough, Sherburn Hill, Sherburn Village, High Pittington, Low Pittington, Carville, Gilesgate, Durham, Whitesmocks, Framwellgate Moor, Newton Hall then home. All in 2000ft of climbing in 32 miles. The sun was out nearly all the ride with very little wind, no problems from the bike, just tired legs after no exercise for 11 days, more on that below todays pic's. Enjoy and hopefully more soon.



DCC have spent millions at Durham crem and then they go and fix the most horrible massive plastic bin right out side the front! complete and utter fouls.
















Feet were not cold or wet today!

Weekly catch up - I have been off the bike and only a couple of 2 hour walks since we went up to Kielder / Newcatleton. I have and still got a good dose of man flue that I cannot shift even though I have had my flue jab, also got a bad back for over a week then I twisted mid last week so had a double bad back. The weather has been cold, wet & snowy here in Durham most days. The best day was Friday with some sun but I was stuck at work all day grafting my polds off like a fool.
Below are a couple of screen shots from DCC's weather cameras.




No comments:

Post a Comment