6 November 2016

Man Cave / house jobs day

Well the weather has finally go to crap in County Durham. It started raining Friday night and was near continuous yesterday and as I am typing this the rain is bouncing off the tarmac now (Sunday morning). The forecast is not looking much better for tomorrow either!
Not to worry time to catch up with some man cave time on the bikes and then jobs around the house. After returning from our trail centre day this week both the mountain bikes got a good wash / degrease and dry. I fixed the puncture and put the tube back in and took the good spare back out and packed it away ready for the next time ! (hopefully not too soon). Then it was on the Beast of the East, I had a delivery from Westys this week with a new 27.5+ tyre which I fitted to the front, more detail on that in Fresh Goods Sunday Blog later today. I also received a Park Tool IR-1 - internal cable routing kit, more on that in next weeks Fresh Goods Blog.
That was more or less it for the bikes but my sister also popped around to get her winter wheels fitted to her car as Durham had two mornings of the gritter's out. On the note of winter wheels and bought some spare rims for my new van ready some winter tyres to be fitted which will hopefully be here next week then that's me sorted for the colder / minter months.
Then it was on to some house fixing followed by some lovely winter soup making, day gone and shattered. Quick power nap then out to watch the firework display at Fram comp. I am also suffering from man flue and is taking it out of me at the mo but battling on.

Also looking through my emails I found a couple of interesting links to some wet day reading -
Scottish islands by bike and
Five ferries route and
Bonfire ride around York

New van rims waiting for winter tyres




this months Cycling plus also landed


No comments:

Post a Comment