6 November 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Panaracer Nimble B 27+" x 3.5" tyre

I have bought and used both Schwalbes 27.5+" tyres - Rocket Ron (in both versions) and Nobby Nic. I did order a Vee Rubber Trax Fatty 27.5 x 3.5"£24.99 from Charlie the Bikemonger but a few days later it did not arrive. I emailed him and a day latter got an email saying he did not have any in stock and refunded my money, just great I thought so plan b. I ordered a Panarcer Nimbe B 27.5 x 3.5" from Westbrook Cycles and arrived two days later with no problems. Now I have read they do come up small and the reviews are not wrong. I fitted it to a WTB Scraper rim and measures 72mm but it may expand after some miles as in this review. Fitting was no problem, not too tight and not to loose on the rim, inflation and bead seating was on first go with my compressor.
As for tread height / pattern it is more of a summer tyre with slightly bigger tread that the Rocket Ron.
As for the weight well Panaracer claim 710g, mine come in at 740g - exactly the same as the lighter version of the rocket ron.
I have not had time to use the tyre yet out on the trails but will report back after a few rides.

Manufacturers blurb - link and here rrp £59.99 I paid £39.65 inc next day delivery








3" Rocket Ron


3.5" Nimble B

3" Nobby Nic



3" WTB Bridgor



Also found this info on the net


No comments:

Post a Comment