18 September 2016

Local Sunday morning ride on the Salsa Krampgrease

After the thunder and lighting on Thursday night and the flash flooding its back to normal weather wise here in Co Durham on Friday pm. Yesterday was cool start but then the sun cam out for the rest of the day. This morning it was even cooler with temperatures reading 8 degrees on the Gamin with the sun blazing away. I was late in getting out for a local off road ride on the Salsa Krampgrease and there was plenty of people out and bout already making the most of the fantastic weather. A few roadies passed me around 8.30am heading for Sniperley park n ride for the Durham Beast Sportive. As for me it took a while for my legs to get warmed up again and first couple of big'ish climbs were hard going but they come ok around 20-25 miles into the ride. There was no planned route in my head I just kept making it up as I was riding along adding extra loops in due to the fantastic weather. I did want to get back in time for some dinner and watch the RX World Champs on Quest. As for the bike and ride no probs what so ever. The Krampgrease was rolling well and really enjoyed the miles. Everyone I passed spoke and was pleasant for a change. Below are a few pics from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon.




































It was Oct edt magazine week this week with Cycling Plus and Cyclist landing. My Norco Search is even listed in the Gravel Bike Guide that came with Cyclist - see below photos. Just need to find some spare time to catch up with my reading pile now.








No comments:

Post a Comment