20 May 2016

Local off road ride on the Cannondale Beast of the East & a couple of walks

Been a busy old week this week for some reason or another. Yesterday I managed a couple of hours walk then today the forecast was looking good so planned an off road loop on the Beast of the N East.  I went to set off and the rain was bouncing a foot high off the road! great start, waited a while for it to blow over before heading out. Once out the old railway lines they were not too bad. When I reached Bearpark the sun was out and I was boiling hot so packed my jacket away, by the time I got to the top of the second climb it was raining again, jacket back on but by the time I had dropped down to Crook the sun was back out and boiling again. Once I reached Willington was an inch of rain on the roads so headed back up the old line to Brandon direction. It is the first time in a long time I have seen puddles along this stretch. By the time I got to Brancepeth it was bone dry, no rain there! Then when I got to Brandon it was raining again.
So much for the dry / hot forecast! the bike is up eyes and so was I, clothes in the washer and hose pipe and bucket out for the bike.
Later the wind picked up and blew the rain clouds away and was a lovely sunny evening so me and Jane went out for a local off road hike for 5 miles on the nose, 1hr 21mins.
Got a funny feeling the weekend is going to very similar to the todays weather, must get some more miles in!

 
























and some reading material that landed this week




No comments:

Post a Comment