1 May 2016

Catch up on the lack of goings on this week.

Well what can I say, the weather has been worse this week than it has the whole of winter. Durham County Council have spread more grit in 7 days than they have all winter season and ploughed more roads on high ground. Every day has either been lashing rain, sleet, hail, snow and mixed in with plenty of wind.
The Tour of Yorkshire coverage on the TV has been rubbish to say the least so far. They have also had awful weather. Its pouring down now for Stage 3 leaving from the NE.
I was due to service the car today for its mot on Friday and its still lashing down and cold.
Only got a couple of quick walks in this week when there was a gap in the weather but even then we got caught out and soaked.
No wheels have turned so no miles but hopefully it might dry up for a couple of hours tomorrow.
It has also been a week of new Garmin products and shit customer service.
Angus has my old Tomtom for work but its sometimes plays up and he has the same area to cover as me so decided to get a new sat nav which was more reliable. Garmin have just took out a new range of nuvi's so he got a ex demo cheap from the Durham Halfords store where he used to work. The lads sorted his out a good price.
I was also looking for a Garmin Forerunner as I am sick of taking out my Edge 810 when out walking. Jane has the Forerunner 10 but does not have hr option but a quick google and the new replacement 15 model is hr compatible. The rrp is £120! so was going to get one from Wiggle but found out Maplin stock them and there new Durham branch has just opened up so popped over. We had a 10% voucher from there opening weekend to use and they were £80 on there website. I tried to order in store but after a long wait and a couple of different staff I just gave up and come away. Newcastle branch had one in so did click & collect as we were going up to to the Toon yesterday anyway. Well the service up there was even worse. The staff member gave me a good shouting at as I should not have come to collect it as they did not ring me. I did get a text & email stating my order was ready for collection but I was informed that Maplin don't send texts or emails! After nearly 10 minutes of verbal he said he would go and look , he found it within seconds! complete and utter di** head.
Angus's iPhone is also coming up to 3 years old now, he is on phone replacement three now so time to get rid before it breaks again. We went to the one in Eldon Square where we were serviced quite quickly and they had the one he wanted. Apple also do a trade in service now so you pay the difference. Angus had his id so was going well until after 5 mins the lad worked out he was under 18 so could not trade in but only buy. He told me that I could trade it in on my sons behalf and asked for a passport, which I do not have or a card driving licence which I do not have, just the paper copy. Cut a long storey short the rude staff member told me that nearly everybody in the uk has a passport and card licence and I was a small minority. I did have my photo staff government id card and bankers card & utility bill etc etc but sorry you cannot shop with Apple. On that not I walked out and will be going to Stormfront in Durham where should have gone in the first place to sort it out. Jane went back to Apple later in the day and asked the manager how do the deal with customers who do not have a passport or card licence and they do accept paper licences as well, no apology so they are not getting the sons £400.
So Apple & Maplin we will not be returning and spending our hard earned £'s in your stores.
ps and its still pouring down!


No comments:

Post a Comment