26 January 2014

Trail running around the local tracks


Due to the weather at the weekend being a complete washout i decided to dig out my old trail shoes. Last Sunday was my first run in probably nearly a year. It was lashing rain, mud was upto my eyes and flooding, what more could you ask for, oh yes strong wind as well. I a planned a local loop not too far away from home so i could cut sections off if i blew. Well after an hour i got back and was soaked to the bone but checked the mileage on the Garmin and decided to add an extra loop on, 1hr 16mins in total. Today the weather is just the same- pouring rain, cold, wet & muddy but the wind is even stronger so back out again on the local trails. Did the same loop as last Sunday, 4mins quicker and felt ok so added another 32min loop on. Duration 1hr 32min and my feet & legs are sore now. I should really loose a stone or two before starting to run again but what the hell need to get out there. No surprise that i never seen anyone out on a bike both times but Arran did follow around today on his Mukluk, he loved it - well going through all the mud and massive puddles!   

No comments:

Post a Comment