5 January 2014

Fresh Goods Sunday - Mavic Inferno Socks

I only have one pair of good winter socks so decided it was time for a second pair. I normaly buy the X-Socks Winter version from here for £4.50 with 10% discount code but was planning a change. My plan was to get a pair of Endura baa baa merino winter socks but Westys had sold out but they recommended the Mavic inferno winter socks instead. I have never used Mavic clothing before, just their wheeels which i used for many thousands of miles, only one split rim many years ago. If you look closer at the material it has "Copper Fiber" strands in. I have never seen copper fibre used in clothing before. The fit is excellent and very comfortable on the foot. Mavic's blurb -  "Excellent moisture management and thermo benefit thanks to new copper fiber which reflects significant amount of heat radiation". I have used them twice so far, once with the Wolvhammer boot in minus 2degrees and no cold feet what so ever - as you would have expected. The second time just above freezing on a wet & muddy mtb ride with Northwave Artic boots, again no problems. I will keep testing them over the remaining winter months and see how they fair up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment