17 October 2013

Its time for Winter Boots again (45NRTH Fasterkatt)

Its that time of year again to drag out the winter boots, the weather was just starting to change last week and was cooler but still dry most days but this week is cold and a wash out. I have used winter boots for my offroad cycling for many years and have two pairs of Northwave Artic's. They have been performed well under the worst conditions apart from when we hit minus 12 degrees my toes were still cold and in very heavy rain it penetrates down into the boot through the ankle area and takes about a week to dry out properly inside. The market has several updated models from many manufacturers and some new models as well. I decided not to purchase a thrid pair of Northwaves but to try something alittle different for a change. Last winter i bought a skull cap manuafctured by a company called 45nrth and has performed very well. They have took out a less extreme boot this year and is probably more suited to my type of riding / conditions than there full blown extreme boot. Full info can be found here and are due into the country hopefully next week. Press relaease info here. I have a pair pre ordered so hopefully should be on my feet end of Oct / early Nov. Below are some photos of the boot.









No comments:

Post a Comment